At Orillia Central Preschool, we recognize the increased need for quality childcare in our community. Orillia Central Preschool does it’s very best to accommodate as many families seeking care as possibly between our 3 locations. In keeping with the regulations set out by the Ministry of Education in the CCEYA, Orillia Central Preschool develops a centralized waitlist when full enrolment has been reached in one or more of our classrooms, in one or more of our programs.
Orillia Central Preschool will adhere to the following wait list procedures:
- Orillia Central Preschool will ensure that each classroom does not surpass the mandated licensed capacity.
- Children will be added to the wait list on a first come, first served basis
- Orillia Central Preschool staff members will be given priority spots on the wait list, followed by siblings of children already enrolled with us.
- Prospective parents will be contacted as soon as Orillia Central Preschool deems a space is available for their child.
- An available space will be offered to the first family on the wait list who meets the following criteria:
- closest to the date for required care
- age appropriate at date for required care
- highest on wait list
- Parents will be contacted via telephone, email or both. (Please note: it is the responsibility of the parents to ensure Orillia Central Preschool is in possession of accurate contact information.)
- Parents are required to contact Orillia Central Preschool within 24 hours to accept or decline the available space.
- If no contact has been made after 24 hours, Orillia Central Preschool will offer the space to the next prospective family based on the criteria outline above.
- If a space is no longer needed, wait list families are asked to contact Orillia Central Preschool to remove their information from the wait list
We encourage prospective families to connect with Orillia Central Preschool every 3 months to ensure their child remains on the waitlist. A parent may ask to access their child’s position on the wait list at any time and will be told how many families are ahead of them on the list. Orillia Central Preschool will ensure confidentiality of all information gathered for wait list purposes is maintained.
Orillia Central Preschool does not charge a wait list fee.
** You will receive a confirmation email within 72 business hours of completing the Waitlist Registration.
** Completion of this form does not guarantee placement and care at Orillia Central Preschool.